Do you feel like your partner doesn’t get you?
Do you worry about how your problems will affect your kids?
Do you feel stuck and unsure about how to move forward?
Relationships are difficult because they involve two individuals with unique temperaments, personalities, experiences, and family histories. These differences naturally come at odds with one another at times. Left unresolved, these conflicts and the feelings associated with them can lead to serious consequences including deteriorated physical health, an ugly divorce, depression, loss of sleep, addiction, loss of productivity at work, and perhaps worst of all: The chronic and intense pain that lands on the kids.
How couples counseling can help…
- Improved communication with greater clarity and compassion.
- Ensuring that your children are not negatively impacted by your conflicts (because they probably are).
- Transform your intense negative feelings and reactions towards your partner into productive and effective forms of communication.
- More understanding and empathy towards one another.
What you can expect…
- We won’t take sides. Our belief is that you’ve both contributed to the problems you’re having and you both will need to be a part of the solution.
- That you will both feel comfortable in the session.
- You’ll get honest and direct feedback.
- That you’ll both be asked to make some changes.
If this sounds like something that would be helpful to you and your partner, or if you’re on the fence, give me a call and I’d be happy to answer any questions you have and talk with you about my approach and style.
Call to Schedule an Appointment.
Or email me with any questions you have.