How to help your family and teen effectively overcome the negative effect smartphones and other devices are having on their wellbeing and happiness.
DATE: Thursday January 25th
Do you ever feel like your teen’s phone is the bane of your existence?
Are you concerned about the impact your child’s phone and other devices are having on their mental health and social skills?
Are you feeling overwhelmed by these issues and struggling to figure out how to manage this in a way that’s realistic and effective?
You have reason to be concerned. While there’s still a lot we don’t know, more and more data is coming out that’s shedding light on the impact smartphones and other devices are having on teens, and it’s not good.
This eye opening, positive and practical talk will focus on how we as parents can learn to work with the technology that is so pervasive in our lives and the lives of our kids in order to maximize the benefits and mitigate the harmful aspects. This talk will benefit parents and anyone else who wants to gain a better understanding of what is going on with this generation and what to do about this avalanche of technology that’s coming at our kids faster than they can handle.
What you can expect:
- Practical and useful tips, ideas and strategies for dealing with devices as a parent in 2018.
- Information based on sound research and data.
- An opportunity to learn how to respond to behavior problems in a way that empowers kids to develop the essential life skills that their excessive screen time is inhibiting.
- An enjoyable (dare I say fun) experience packed with information that’s relatable and down to earth from a therapist that has worked with hundreds of teens and families for over 15 years.
- A room filled with other brave and loving parents who get just as confused and concerned as you.
- Answers to your questions.